Re- announced Social Mobilizer
- Post Date:March 3, 2018
- Views 83
- Offerd Salary NTA Salary ScaleExperience 4 YearsGender Any
- Qualification Bachelor DegreeNationality AfghanVacancy No./Reference 12346/MAIL/CLAP
- No. Of Vacancies 1
Under the direct supervision of the irrigation project coordinator and guidance of the director of the irrigation directorate and in close coordination with the CLAP infrastructure specialist, the Social Mobilizer will be responsible for mobilizing farming community of each selected irrigation scheme and establishment of Irrigation Association (IA), and development of Irrigation Roaster (IR). He/she should properly understand the existing water distribution and management arrangements and document it. The incumbent will be based in one of the target provinces (Kabul, Logar and Parwan), and will report to the irrigation project coordinator based in irrigation directorate of MAIL.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Contact Mirab of the respective irrigation scheme, and arrange introductory and Rapport Building Meetings with farmers
• Preparation of list of shareholders (farmers) and collection of Socio Economic data.
• Walk-thru survey along the existing watercourse/irrigation scheme in the presence of Mirab, and other community elders to document scheme related specific data, and report any issue that could probably prevent the rehabilitation work at any stage of the project
• Assist in holding of elections for electing executive body of the IAs, collect membership fee and open a bank account for the association
• To convince communities to clearly outline role and contribution of the project and IA
• To register IAs with the ID/ MAIL formally as per the approved IA’s by-laws
• To identify potential leaders and/or organizers, and encourage them for cleaning of the canal
• To motivate and encourage potential leaders to talk to their fellow community members about unity and self-reliance.
• To initiate actions aimed at breaking down passivity, apathy and attitudes of letting others do things for them.
• To raise awareness that community members themselves can move each community out of poverty, and to show them ways they can do this for themselves.
• To educate the community elders about project objectives and ensuring them that they are working for their benefits and wellbeing.
• To assist community members to identify needs and to generate solutions, identifying priority issues and to analyze their problems.
• To develop trust, tolerance and co-operation among community members.
• To assist the community in obtaining available outside resources, warning of the negative effects of becoming too dependent upon outside resources.
• To encourage and stimulate full participation by all community members; with special attention to those who are usually forgotten, marginalized and overlooked in community decision making.
• To perform any other task assigned by the irrigation project coordinator
• Ability to read, write and speak in local languages.
• Previous mobilization experience or training.
• Skills, training and/or experience in management, social animation, and/or extension, social research, adult education, acting, journalism.
• Skills of using personal computer and internet.
• Candidates should have Bachelor in Social Science / Agriculture or relevant field
• At least have 4 years relevant experience.
How to apply
The interested candidates should submit their resume alone with a covering letter as follow conditions:
• Kindly send us your Attested Educational Documents by the Ministry of Higher Education.
• Please send your CV along with a cover letter electronically to
• Subject line must be: (Social Mobilizer-12346/MAIL/CLAP) otherwise your application will NOT be considered.
• Candidate’s educational degree must be attested with Ministry of Higher Education – Afghanistan otherwise we will not accept the application in short listing process.
• Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Only short-listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.